Tuesday, June 4, 2013

Summer is here. Finally!

So it seems the last term for this was pretty crazy. But in all it's madness I've been very busy with new projects. When it comes down to it, though, it's been bloody great!

This term went by pretty fast and i'm officially done with my junior year! =] only a semester and a half to go now. Honestly i cannot wait to be done with school and be out doing what i do best.

Now that it's summer i have all the time in the world to post about my old art projects and possible projects I want to start. Or maybe just what ever crosses my mind.

So are you ready for the first summer post? I am. 

Advanced painting was hella fun. Mostly because for the first time there was not much guidelines for what I needed to do. Basically all i needed to do was have 8 paintings at the end of the term. Easy right, i thought so. I get to create anything thing i want, and i get to explore styles that i think are killer. So that's exactly what i think i did... I'll let you all decide on whether or not what i did is good or not. 

The Shoe. Oil on Masonite. 36"x 24".

This was project 2. I secretly love this way more than anything else i did this term, and it's mostly because i love shoes. Then again which girl doesn't?

This piece was very much influenced by Andy Warhol's early commercial work. This man made amazing magazine adverts and as soon as i saw a few of them i fell in love. 
 Andy Warhol, Giant Size
Andy Warhol, Giant Size

The few pages of shoes that I found in this book blew my mind! I instantly started to sketch after, getting the heel to look right, trying my best to make it easily noted as a shoe. (I am not sure if i did a good job at that, someone once asked me if it was a spaceship. I don't even know.) 





Inspiration. Sketch. Color.

Final Color Pallet?

So i tried working with this color pallet. Those green and golden browns just worked for me, and i would make it work for this painting.




 Look it's me working!



So this is my final product, and boy was I proud of this! It's no lie that even when painting I can't keep away from hard lines and bold colors. That's just my style and it works for me. There's something about it that reminds me of a poster and I'd totally just want to see it all over the place with some awesome shoe label on it. (If you can't tell which one shame on you. Just kidding! but no really, it's obvious) 

So that's all i have to show for today. Leave your comments let me know what you think of the piece. 

XO
Lesley

1 comment: