Saturday, January 19, 2013

Week 1. Life drawing.

So back to school after my month winter break. And as much as I complained about the heat back home, I think I can take that more than the cold any day. But I missed this place and I'm very glad to e back.

This term I'm taking a life drawing class and even though I am not confident doing this at all I am trying my best. We worked with one model for 3 days this week. Doing gestural sketches for 30 seconds to a minute. Some longer poses for 3-5 minutes and then very long sketches that were about 25 minutes a piece.

Now like I said I am not confident in doing this class so far. I find my self incapable of drawing people on a way. I might me adding on extra weight onto the the model making her look more lumpy or something, giving her claws for hands and weird pastry looking feet. And a no faced head, but I'm doing this and I rly plan to get better by the end of week 8.

So here are a few sketches. I think you'll be able to tell which ones were worked on longer than others. But so far this is how it's been going for week one. I'm not amazing at this but I am really planning on getting better.

Enjoy xo
Lesley



















No comments:

Post a Comment